Washington announces Purple Out matchup, full game themes for 2023 season
Washington is preparing for the 2023 season after a dramatic and impressive 11-win season in Kalen DeBoer’s first year leading the program. After a top-10 finish a year ago and many key players returning, expectations will be high for the Huskies to compete for a Pac-12 title in 2023.
On Tuesday, the Huskies officially announced the dates and themes for every home game in the season to come. Most notably, Washington will host its annual Purple Out when Oregon visits on Oct. 14.
A season ago, the Huskies pulled off a dramatic upset of the Ducks on the road. Michael Penix Jr. led the charge with a late touchdown and 408 yards passing as Washington prevailed 37-34.
Other theme highlights included Homecoming, a Salute to Service game and the season-ending Boeing Apple Cup Series vs. Washington State. Here is the full home schedule with accompanying game themes for 2023:
- Sept. 2 vs. Boise State — Seattle Sports Day
- Sept. 9 vs. Tulsa — Seattle Music Heritage/Band Day
- Sept. 23 vs. Cal — Superhero Day
- Oct. 14 vs. Oregon — Purple Out
- Oct. 21 vs. Arizona State — Homecoming
- Nov. 11 vs. Utah — Salute to Service
- Nov. 25 vs. Washington State — Boeing Apple Cup Series
Game themes for the 2023 @UW_Football season have been announced!
We can’t wait to see Husky Nation pack Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium ☔️#GoHuskies
— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) May 16, 2023