Matchups, start times, TV info announced for Women's College World Series
The 2022 Women’s College World Series field is set. Matchups are finalized. First-pitch times are on the books.
Of the eight teams headed to Oklahoma City for the culmination of the NCAA Softball Tournament, three of them are from the Pac-12. UCLA, the national No. 5 seed, earned a spot in the field after sweeping Duke in its Super Regional. Oregon State earned its way to OKC for just the second time in program history by sweeping Stanford in the Super Regionals. Arizona is headed to its 25th WCWS all-time after sweeping Mississippi State in the Starkville Super Regional.
Action gets underway on Thursday.
UCLA will take on Texas to get the day started. The Longhorns upset No. 4 national seed Arkansas in the Fayetteville Super Regional with back-to-back wins in Game 2 and 3. The Longhorns lost the first game in the series 7-1, but regrouped to outscore the Razorbacks 6-1 over the final two games. Texas is currently 43-19-1 on the year.
Oregon State gets the late-afternoon slot and the Blacksburg Super Regional-winning Florida Gators. The Gators took down No. 3 Virginia Tech in three games to advance to the WCWS. Like Texas, the Gators (48-17) also lost their first game of Super Regional action before pounding the Hokies in the final two games. UF run-ruled Virginia Tech in Game 3, winning 12-0. This will be the Gators’ 11th WCWS appearance all-time and their fourth in the last five tournaments (the 2020 WCWS was canceled).
Arizona gets Oklahoma State, the No. 7 seed. The Cowgirls are 46-12 this season and swept Clemson to take the Stillwater Super Regional. Oklahoma State also beat in-state rival Oklahoma to claim the Big 12 Tournament title, one of only two teams to beat the Sooners all season.
Here’s the complete schedule for this year’s tournament (all times PT):
Thursday, June 2
- Game 1: Texas vs. No. 5 UCLA, 9 a.m., ESPN
- Game 2: No. 9 Northwestern vs. No. 1 Oklahoma, 11:30 a.m., ESPN
- Game 3: Oregon State vs. No. 14 Florida, 4 p.m., ESPN
- Game 4: Arizona vs. No. 7 Oklahoma State, 6:30 p.m., ESPN
Friday, June 3
- Game 5: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2, 4 p.m.
- Game 6: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 4
- Game 7: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2, noon
- Game 8: Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4, 4 p.m.
Sunday, June 5
- Game 9: Winner Game 7 vs. Loser Game 6, noon
- Game 10: Winner Game 8 vs. Loser Game 5, 4 p.m.
Monday, June 6
- Game 11: Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 9, 9 a.m.
- Game 12 (if necessary): Rematch Game 11, 11:30 a.m.
- Game 13: Winner Game 6 vs. Winner Game 10, 4 p.m.
- Game 14 (if necessary): Rematch Game 13, 6:30 p.m.
- Game 1: 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 8
- Game 2: 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 9
- Game 3 (if necessary): 5:30 p.m. on Friday, June 10