Arizona learns Big 12 opponents through 2027 season
Arizona is wrapping up its tenure in the Pac-12 during the 2023 season and is going out with a bang. Jedd Fisch has the Wildcats coming off an upset of Oregon State and looking for just one more win to become bowl eligible.
While the team will stay focused on the task at hand, Arizona will make the leap to the Big 12 in 2024. The Big 12 also revealed the league’s new schedule matrix and opponents for every team starting next season through 2027 during a Wednesday announcement.
Arizona will make the jump to the Big 12 with 5 conference home games in 2024 and again in 2026. The Wildcats will have 5 road games in 2025 and 2027, and the in-state rivalry vs. Arizona State will be played every season.
“As we look towards the future of this Conference, we are thrilled to introduce the first football scheduling matrix for the new-look Big 12,” said Commissioner Brett Yormark. “I’m grateful to our membership for their support throughout the scheduling process. In this model, competitive balance and student-athlete wellness was prioritized. Rivalries will be protected and new matchups will be introduced – the excitement and parity this Conference is known for will continue for years to come.”
Arizona State, Colorado and Utah will also be making the jump from the Pac-12 to the Big 12, and the Wildcats play all 3 of those teams in 2024. Here are the annual opponents for Arizona through the 2027 season:
- Away: BYU, Utah, TCU, UCF
- Home: Arizona State, Colorado, Texas Tech, Houston, West Virginia
- Away: Arizona State, Colorado, Houston, Iowa State, Cincinnati
- Home: BYU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas
- Away: BYU, Texas Tech, Kansas State, West Virginia
- Home: Arizona State, Utah, TCU, Iowa State, Cincinnati
- Away: Arizona State, Utah, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas
- Home: Colorado, Houston, Kansas State, UCF
— Big 12 Conference (@Big12Conference) November 1, 2023