Arizona asks children to name Pac-12 teams in creative schedule announcement
Arizona basketball will face the Bear Thingys, the Southwest Trees, the Squirrels, and the Double Us in Pac-12 conference play this season.
The Pac-12 released its conference pairings for the 2023-24 college basketball season Thursday afternoon. As has become tradition with schedule announcements, Arizona’s creative department cooked up something, well, creative for the occasion.
The Wildcats went into a grade school and asked random children to name the opponent. The results were expectedly wonderful:
— Arizona Basketball (@ArizonaMBB) September 14, 2023
The conference will once again play 20 regular-season games, set to begin in late December. The regular season concludes on March 9, with the Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas running March 13-16.
According to the conference, eight of the 11 weeks will follow the annual travel partner/traditional rival format, while three weeks will flex to either single-play opponents at home and on the road (Week 3), or traditional rival on the road paired with a home opponent (Weeks 8 & 10).
Tip times and TV info will be revealed at a later date. Arizona’s full 2023-24 schedule can be seen below:
- Oct. 20 Lewis-Clark State College (Exhibition)
- Nov. 10 Arizona at Duke
- Nov. 23 Arizona vs. Michigan State in Palm Springs, Calif.
- Dec. 9 Wisconsin at Arizona
- Dec. 16 Arizona vs. Purdue in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Dec. 20 Arizona vs. Alabama in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Dec. 27-31 at California & at Stanford
- Jan. 3-7 Colorado & Utah (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Jan. 10-14 at Washington State
- Jan. 17-21 UCLA & USC (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Jan. 24-28 at Oregon & at Oregon State
- Jan. 31-Feb. 4 California & Stanford (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Feb. 7-11 at Colorado & at Utah
- Feb. 14-18 Arizona State (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Feb. 21-25 Washington & Washington State (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Feb. 28-March 3 at Arizona State & home vs. Oregon
- March 6-9 at UCLA & at USC